Last weekend wasn’t the typical weekend at home: kids sports, work, etc.. Instead, I went to the San Francisco Star Trek convention to get in touch with my inner trekkie. This was my first time and I had a blast.
The highlights included:
- Meeting Walter Koenig (Chekov) and Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar)
- Telling Brent Spiner (Data) that my “lovely wife” was actually my teenage daughter
- George Takei (Sulu) talking about the internment of Japanese Americans during WW2 and gay rights issues. Also, in response to an excellent question about the post 9/11 treatment of Muslim Americans he drew parallels with WW2 internment of Japanese Americans.
- LeVar Burton (Geordie Laforge) talking about Roots and Reading Rainbow.
- Getting my photo taken with four members of the STNG cast
- Discovering that one other member of the Oakland JUG is also a trekkie
- Sharing the excitement with my kids
Pingback: Bilder und Videos von der Creation Entertainment’s Official “Star Trek” Convention « Data2364's Blog